Appian 1H 2014 Performance
July 23, 2014
127 PERCENT SOFTWARE BOOKINGS GROWTH AND 56 PERCENT REVENUE INCREASE OVER 1H 2013
RESTON, Va.—July 23, 2014— Appian today announced the company’s 1H 2014 performance results. In the first 6 months of 2014, software license bookings for Appian’s business process management (BPM) suite grew 127 percent and revenues increased 56 percent, over the same period in 2013. Appian’s cloud business accounted for much of this growth, with Appian Cloud seeing a 131 percent increase in customer orders as compared to the first 6 months in 2013.
Appian signed 31 new customers in 1H 2014 across Pharmaceuticals, Insurance, Financial Services, Retail, Public Sector, and other industries. Four of the top five pharmaceutical companies in the world now use Appian for core business areas such as pharmacovigilance and clinical trials. New 1H 2014 Appian customers include one of Europe’s largest insurance firms, one of the world’s largest hedge fund managers, and one of the largest merchandise retail stores in the US.
Appian continues to evolve BPM into the emerging Work Platforms industry through the unification of enterprise data, process management, native mobility, social collaboration, and portable cloud delivery. Enhancements to the Appian 7 platform in 1H 2014 included Appian’s SAIL (Self-Assembling Interface Layer) technology for delivering interactive and dynamic user experiences on the desktop and all popular mobile platforms. SAIL provides a write once, deploy everywhere solution for broad enterprise mobility that allows organizations to focus on the exact user experience desired, with no additional mobile development or testing required. Highlights of the latest version of Appian 7 include:
- New User Directory Record allows quick discovery and promotes following of fellow users; Designers may extend user records to meet unique business needs
- Personalized profile enables users to make a statement about their personality and role in the organization
- Faster rendering of SAIL forms for quicker user interaction
- SAIL report builder adds point-and-click functionality and live previews in the SAIL Interface Designer
- Out-of-the-box SAIL Interface Designer templates speed creation of common interface definitions for process forms, records, and reports
- SAIL section and layout validation rules make it easier to implement multi-field form validation requirements
- Enhanced usage monitoring and logging provides added visibility to user activity in the Appian Administration Console and log files
- Additional enhancements to improve administration capabilities
Industry Awards and Recognition
In the first half of 2014, Appian and its customers were recognized for leadership and excellence by a number of influential industry organizations:
- Appian was positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the “Leaders” quadrant in the new “Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites 2014” (Gartner, Inc. “Magic Quadrant for Intelligent Business Process Management Suites 2014” by T. Jones, et al, 3/17/2014)
- Appian was given a rating of “Outstanding” in the new Gartner, Inc. “Critical Capabilities for Case Management Frameworks” report (Gartner, Inc. by J. Hill, February 12, 2014). “Outstanding” is the highest rating possibly given in the report methodology.
- Global industry analyst firm Ovum named Appian a “Leader” in the new “Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a Business Process Management Solution, 2014” report. Ovum’s assessment of Appian was based on Appian’s commitment to its customers, its powerful and well-integrated suite, and its extreme ease of use.
- Appian was named a “2014 Top Workplace” by The Washington Post, ranking 11th in its category out of 150 winning organizations. Appian received high marks for exceptional employment practices, including a commitment to employee autonomy, rewarding creativity and excellence, and employee benefits.
- Appian customer Crawford & Company won the Workflow Management Coalition (WFMC) Global Case Management Excellence Awards 2014.
- Appian customer Queensland Government Department of State Development, Infrastructure and Planning (DSDIP) won the Gartner Business Process Management Excellence Awards 2014 in the Asia Pacific region
Appian’s BPM-based Work Platform improves how work gets done. Through a simple social interface, Appian unites users with all their data, processes, and collaborations – on the desktop or mobile devices, in the cloud or on-premise.
Appian provides a low-code development platform that accelerates the creation of high-impact business applications. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance.