Appian FORUM09 Conference Recap
Largest BPM Vendor Event of the Year Highlights New Product, New Services and New Community
RESTON, Va. and RAYNHAM, Mass.—November 2, 2009— Appian, the global innovator in enterprise and on-demand business process management (BPM) technology, today announced the success of last week’s Appian FORUM09 conference. With more than 300 people in attendance from the US, Europe, Asia/Pacific and Latin America, Appian FORUM09 was the largest in-person BPM vendor event of the year. Such attendance in a year of constrained resources and restricted corporate travel demonstrates the commitment and passion of the global Appian customer and partner community.
Appian FORUM09 featured the unveiling of Appian 6, the industry’s fastest-to-deploy and most powerful BPM Suite, as well as the Appian Professional Services BPM Framework (with extensive related product and services training courses). Appian CEO Matt Calkins outlined the company’s vision for “BPM Accelerated” and Appian’s ability to deliver twice the speed of other BPM software in process creation, and 10 times the speed in process execution. The conference also formalized the Appian Forum online intellectual property and collaboration community, with Appian announcing the availability of 25 new Appian-developed BPM Application Templates available for free download.
Other conference highlights included:
- Keynote presentations from Jim Sinur, vice president at Gartner, and Clay Richardson, senior analyst at Forrester
- Appian customer case study presentations from Benenden Healthcare Society, Chicago Department of Public Health, Clayton Holdings, Office of Thrift Supervision, Surrenda-link Investment Managers, UNISYS, United Parcel Service and others
- Government- and commercial-focused breakout sessions
- A BPM Center of Excellence presentation from Sandy Kemsley, BPM analyst and consultant
- A “BPM Perspectives” panel of long-time Appian customers AGF Trust, Archstone, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and Mercer HR Services discussing their experiences in starting and growing successful BPM programs
“At a time when budgets are tight and every dollar spent must be justified, Appian FORUM09 was a standing-room-only event,” said Matthew Calkins, president and CEO of Appian. “We are honored that so many of our customers and partners from around the globe would make attending our conference a priority in such a year, because we see it as evidence of the value their organizations place on our work together.”
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful and unique applications. The applications created on Appian’s platform help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. For more information, visit www.appian.com.