Appian Announces Record Success in 2011
90 New-Name Customers Drive 219% Y/Y License Order Increase for Appian BPM Software
RESTON, Va.–January 23, 2012–Appian, the global innovator in enterprise and cloud-based business process management (BPM) software, today announced record growth in 2011. 90 new-name customers selected the Appian BPM Suite and its Mobile BPM, Cloud BPM and Social BPM capabilities. This rapid customer acquisition drove a 219 percent increase in Appian license orders over 2010. Customer orders for Appian Cloud represented 37 percent of total license orders in 2011.
Customer Growth & International Expansion
Global demand for the Appian BPM Suite continues to increase across the public sector and in commercial industries – particularly in Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare and Energy. New Appian customers in 2011 included the U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs, the Queensland Government, Crawford & Company U.S., Vermont Mutual, AIG, Bard, Bupa, EDP Renewables (Horizon Wind Energy), Husky Oil Operations, Ltd., SuperIQ, and the National Council for Family Affairs.
To meet this demand, Appian expanded its direct global presence in 2011 through a new Australia/New Zealand regional headquarters office (in addition to Appian’s U.S. HQ and U.K. regional HQ). The company significantly increased its direct sales and professional services staff in all HQ regions, and also grew its global network of certified Appian partners across Latin America, Asia-Pacific, Western Europe and the United States.
The enterprise Information Technology (IT) landscape is at the dawn of a radical change in response to a new set of business and consumer realities. In response, mobile computing, social business collaboration technologies and cloud platform delivery are rapidly gaining momentum in corporate IT. Appian’s Mobile, Cloud and Social BPM has changed the game in BPM software. Throughout 2011, Appian continued to lead the BPM industry with innovative capabilities including:
- Ubiquitous support for Apple iPhone, iPad, Google Android, and BlackBerry devices
- Support for full client branding of Native Mobile apps
- Incorporation of voice and image capture from Mobile BPM interfaces
- Marriage of unstructured social collaboration and analytics with structured business process
- Real-time, in-memory analytics engine supporting predictive analytics
- Full BPMS platform availability in the cloud
Industry Awards & Recognition
Appian and its customers received numerous accolades from industry thought-leaders throughout 2011, including:
- Global IT Analysis firm Gartner, Inc. honored Appian customers UPS and Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN) in the Gartner, Inc. 2011 BPM Excellence Awards
- FSO Knowledge Exchange named Appian the premier BPM vendor for driving financial services transformation in its 2011 Excellence Awards
- Appian was named a finalist in the prestigious Red Herring Global 100 Awards and the Red Herring Top 100 North America Awards
- Appian won the KMWorld “Trend-Setting Product 2011” award
- Appian was named a Finalist in the “Industry Star” category of the 2011 GovStar Awards
- Appian President and CEO Matthew Calkins was named to the FedTech Bisnow “30 Under 40” list of leading Washington, DC-area entrepreneurs
“Appian delivers a software infrastructure that meets 21st Century business requirements: it is flexible, rapid to deploy and change, easy to use and natively mobile,” said Matthew Calkins, President and CEO of Appian. “As the rate of business change continues to accelerate, Appian will continue to drive high-value BPM innovation.”
Appian delivers an enterprise platform for digital transformation that enables organizations to reinvent the customer experience, optimize their business operations, and master governance, risk and compliance. Powered by industry leading Business Process Management (BPM) and Case Management capabilities, Appian’s low-code approach can radically accelerate the time it takes to build and deploy powerful, modern applications, on-premises or in the cloud.