Appian Q3 2014 Performance
October 15, 2014
License Bookings up 151 Percent, Total Bookings Up 86 Percent, Over Q3 2013
RESTON, Va.—October 15, 2014—Appian today announced the company’s Q3 2014 performance results. In Q3 2014, software license bookings for Appian’s business process management (BPM)-based Application Platform grew 151 percent as compared to Q3 2013, and total bookings increased 86 percent over the same period. Total bookings for 2014 year-to-date increased 82 percent, and total revenues for 2014 year-to-date grew 55 percent, both over the same period in 2013. Appian’s Platform-as-a-Service business continued to grow, with Appian Cloud software license bookings increasing 155 percent in year-to-date 2014 over the same period in 2013.
Enhancements to the Appian 7 platform focused on making application easy to build, maintain and use. Appian 7 is leading the evolution of modern Application Platforms that unify enterprise data, process management, native mobility, social collaboration, and flexible hosting with easy migration between cloud and on-premise. Appian also continued to enhance its unique Appian SAIL (Self-Assembling Interface Layer) technology for dynamic user interfaces that render natively on desktop and mobile devices with no additional coding. Highlights of the latest version of Appian 7 include:
Increased Ease of App Design
- Embed SAIL interfaces externally to expand the capabilities of apps and web pages built outside of Appian
- Speed interface design by placing Appian SAIL component into a SAIL interface with zero manual configuration
- Build and edit enterprise record interfaces easily with the new SAIL Record Design Interface
- Get instant data type impact analysis results, even on systems with many applications
- Build more user-friendly solutions by leveraging historical performance data for SAIL interfaces over time
Enhanced Visibility of User Activity for Administrators
- Optimize use of applications on the Appian platform with upgraded performance and usage tracking
- Improve the overall system during heavy user activity as a result of numerous performance enhancements
Greater Accessibility for End-Users
- Increase worker efficiency through instant access to a broader set of contextually-related Record actions
- New mobile links that remove steps to situational information and informed action while maintaining continuity of the mobile user experience through new mobile links within Appian
New Customer Acquisition & Upsell
In Q3 2014, Appian continued to attract new customers across key vertical industries such as Financial Services, Insurance, Pharmaceuticals, Government, and Healthcare. In addition, Appian’s education vertical business expanded, with multiple institutions around the world choosing Appian in the quarter.
The maturation of Appian’s Application Platform capabilities has driven more upsell business among existing Appian customers than at any previous time. On average across its customer base, Appian customers now have more than a dozen Appian applications within their enterprise-wide Appian programs. In Q3 2014, existing government customers expanded their use of Appian to improve efficiency and flexibility in Case Management; Transportation customers broadened their Appian programs to improve customer service and fleet maintenance; and Appian booked new seven-figure deals with existing Financial Services customers expanding their Appian programs to mobile key processes, maximize customer lifetime value, and support compliance programs.
Appian’s BPM-based Application Platform improves how work gets done. Through a simple social interface, Appian unites users with all their data, processes, and collaborations – on the desktop or mobile devices, in the cloud or on-premise. For more information, visit www.appian.com.
Appian provides a low-code development platform that accelerates the creation of high-impact business applications. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance.