Appian is looking for a dynamic individual to support our learning and development function. In this high impact role you can make a difference in the daily effectiveness of all Appian employees as a member of the fast-growing Sales team. More than just develop, coordinate and deliver creative and engaging workshops, you will help define the learning culture at a cutting-edge technology company.
We are looking to add someone to our team who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and support delivery of a variety of new or existing learning and development programs and strategic initiatives. These may include the development, support, or execution of our signature programs and other interpersonal effectiveness and professional development programs. The ideal candidate would bring any combination of the following: training and facilitation experience, strong instructional design skills, adult learning principles, and innovative training ideas.
- Collaborate with Subject Matter Experts to design learning content for internal sales and
external partner audiences
- Conduct research and collaborate with program leads, subject experts and other key
stakeholders to develop quality curricula and learning resources.
- Write learning objectives based on development needs.
- Determine the scope of educational projects.
- Create the layout of the instructional material including handouts, presentations, facilitator
guides, audio, video and interactive media content.
- Create and deliver aesthetically pleasing materials as content will be accessed by internal and
- Plan and create assessments (tests, exams, role-plays, etc.) for short and long term
measurement of effectiveness.
- Create corresponding job aids and resource material on-demand as appropriate
- Work with Sales Transformation Manager to assess effectiveness of content and update as
- Degree in instructional or curriculum design or at least 5-7 years work experience in the field
and supplemental coursework.
- Strong digital and graphic design skills
- Proficient in Camtasia, Captivate, Premier Elements, Articulate, or other video editing and
curriculum development software
- Must possess a “What’s Possible” mindset and be willing to take on challenges
- At least three years of experience developing video, interactive, and online learning courses
- Excellent project management skills with strict adherence to deadlines
- Ability to function in a high intensity and fast-paced environment
- Strong planning skills, vision and creativity
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.