Appian is looking for a dynamic individual to support our learning and development function. In this high impact role you can make a difference in the daily effectiveness of all Appian employees as a member of the fast-growing Talent Development team. More than just develop, coordinate and deliver creative and engaging workshops, you will help define the learning culture at a cutting-edge technology company.
We are looking to add someone to our team who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and support delivery of a variety of new or existing learning and development programs and strategic initiatives. These may include the development, support, or execution of our signature programs and other interpersonal effectiveness and professional development programs. The ideal candidate would bring any combination of the following: training and facilitation experience, strong instructional design skills, adult learning principles, and innovative training ideas.
- Designs and develops learning solutions – Create or modifies existing instructional materials to address expected performance outcomes.
- Coordinate or perform administrative functions necessary to deliver and document learning and development programs.
- Collaborates with others – Builds partnerships and relationships among the design project team and establishes sign-off and approval processes for each step of the design process. Conducts train-the-trainer sessions to prepare instructors if necessary.
- Manages deadlines and implements projects – Has the ability to manage time so that the priority of the activities determines the timing and amount of attention they receive.
- Proactively identifies appropriate evaluation techniques and applies them; Designs effective evaluation approaches for all learning solutions; assesses whether the learning design solution produces positive results, such as change in learner attitude, skill, knowledge, and behavior.
- Facilitates formal and informal workshops and learning experiences for large and small groups.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree in Communication, Education, Adult Education, Behavioral or Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, or related field preferred
- 2-4 years of professional (leadership and soft skills) facilitation experience in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of adult learning theory and employee development methods including instructor-led and virtual classroom delivery
- Facilitator Certifications a plus
- Curriculum development background a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills including presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience delivering soft skills training to various levels of employees
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.