Assistant Vice President - Customer Success Operations
Appian seeks an AVP of Operations to join our Customer Success leadership team. This role will have operational responsibility for the full breadth of our Customer Success business including revenue and cost forecasting, people operations, systems and analytics. This high impact, high visibility role reports to Appian’s Chief Customer Officer.
Responsibilities and Ownership
- Ensure Appian’s Customer Success team has the tools, processes and communication channels necessary to optimize operations
- Own all aspects of Customer Success operations including managing P/L through thorough and accurate analysis of bookings, revenue and utilization
- Manager, coach and mentor a global team of Customer Success Operations professionals
- Operate as a servant leader, actively seeking insights at all levels of the organization (Finance, Sales, Customer Success VPs, and Consultants) to identify opportunities for operational improvement
- Accelerate and improvement organization-wide change in close collaboration with the Chief Customer Officer
- Serve as an operational expert and advisor to the Chief Customer Officer, C-suite and, as appropriate, Appian’s Board of Directors
- Collaborate with HR and Recruiting groups to understand external talent markets, related labor costs, and internal compensation models
- Own the process of onboarding and managing external Appian business partners conducting Customer Success activities on Appian’s behalf
Required Skills and Experience
- 10+ years professional experience in business modeling, financial planning and analysis (FP&A) at a global scale
- 5+ years experience in an operational leadership role within a management consulting, technical delivery, or customer success organizations
- Experience as a people manager, building and managing teams of successful operational professionals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with and influence C-level executives through verbal presentations and accurate, compelling data analysis
- Proven ability to manage successful P&L for scaled consulting or customer success organizations
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Unwavering commitment to disciplined, consistent operational tools, process and execution
- Experience with public companies, Federal contracting, and/or SaaS/PaaS/IaaS product companies are preferred
- Expected technical proficiencies include but are not limited to Agile/Scrum project management practices, mastery of business intelligence tools like Tableau, and expert Excel / Google Sheets abilities
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.