Appian is a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of complex custom code. The Process Engines Squad engineer is responsible for building and maintaining the back-end engines that make low-code applications possible. We need Site Reliability Engineers to apply software engineering solutions to operational problems on Appian’s Process Engines.
As a Site Reliability Engineer on the Process Engines Squad, you will be responsible for maintaining the Process Engines, resolving customer escalations, and building the infrastructure to make operations sustainable in a 24x7 environment. You will use your knowledge of functional programming languages and your troubleshooting skills to maintain the Process Engines tech stack and solve problems as they arise. You will be a member of the on-call rotation and work closely with the Process Engine software development squad. You will develop your own tools to streamline processes and make your job easier.
Working in Appian Engineering:
- Using technologies like Kafka and Java, C++, K, and other programming languages
- Indie time -- set aside every month for fun side projects
- Learning time -- half a day every other week dedicated for personal learning
- Casual working environment -- wear what you want
- Company retreat, movie nights, fun events -- bring the whole family!
- Lateral mobility encouraged by supportive senior leadership
- Chance to influence the direction of our technology
- You are experienced in customer support escalations, ideally with 5+ years of strong experience in Java, C++, python or the like
- You love the challenge of troubleshooting new issues
- You are fearless at jumping into production environments to address customers' urgent issues
- Data structures & algorithms excite you; you thrive on solving complex problems within large high-performant real-time distributed data systems
- Principles and fundamentals are important to you
- You are open to work with any programming language paradigm
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.