Summary: Master of quality techniques and tools. Ensure high quality and timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding accessibility standards from the customer perspective and ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Has a firm grasp on complex accessibility standard guidelines that can cause quality issues and ensures engineers account for them in their design and testing. Analyzes mistakes and helps ensure they do not recur.
- Ability to effectively apply software testing design techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and develop standards / guidelines to code for WCAG guidelines.
- Experience with screen readers and other accessibility testing tools. NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver, color contrast checkers on various web (Windows/Mac) and mobile (iOS/Android) operating systems and multiple browsers (IE11/Chrome/Firefox/Safari).
- Develop and maintain VPAT documentation based on industry and government best practices and standards.
- Experience with automating accessibility test cases for both web and mobile (iOS/Android) applications is a plus.
- Manually test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: UX, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, and regression test features across web, Android, and iOS platforms.
- Systematically analyze requirements ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities.
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies.
- Build, maintain, and improve test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Work with other scrum team members to define and review Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of bugs and test results.
- Effectively and efficiently determine root causes of leaked defects.
Preferred Experience Level:
- 4+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, or Software Engineer)
- 2+ years of work experience as a SME under web accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.1), requirements, and assistive technology
- B.S. degree in an Engineering field or demonstrated aptitude for technology
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.