At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration. This position will be specifically focused on the Solution products being built on the application platform. As a Senior Product Manager, you will drive the priority, design and development of the new Appian solutions or features for an existing solution.
- Prioritize what we should build and when by with Solution Owners and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with stakeholders on product vision and strategy, while taking customer feedback into account.
- Share ideas and receive feedback from stakeholders and technical teams on new solution or solution features.
- Define how the solution or solution features will work through close collaboration with engineers and UX in design sessions.
- Operate as the Product Owner within a scrum team to drive execution of the product vision and delivery of high quality features.
- Demonstrate feature increments at sprint review meetings.
- Collaborate with other roles to ensure product success, including but not limited to marketing, professional services, UX, software engineers, quality engineers, and technical writing.
- Gather product feedback from internal and external sources for their major product area.
- Demonstrate advanced design and UX judgment.
- Mentor junior product managers.
- Interview product manager candidates.
Preferred Experience Level:
4+ years of relevant experience, preferably in the Product Owner role
Bachelor's in Computer Science or related Engineering field
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.