Appian is looking for a Data Architect to lead the charge and own the strategy for an enterprise-wide data warehouse solution. Are you looking to marry your passion for technology with your penchant for creative problem-solving? In this hands-on role, you will drive our ongoing digital transformation and data modernization objectives to help run Appian more efficiently and more effectively.
You will get to define and document conceptual data models across enterprise master data, transactional data, and informational data. You will also work with business stakeholders and data owners to identify the future state enterprise data architecture that will model the data as it should be. Coordinate new data development, ensuring consistency and integration with the defined standards systems.
What you’ll do:
- Design data warehouse and business intelligence applications
- Define the requirements and algorithms needed to transform transactional data into analytical data objects with as close to real-time refresh as possible
- Employ industry best practices for data governance and facilitate change management across teams
- Lead cross functional teams in improving data quality and data management across systems
- Build databases and data pipelines for ingesting, transforming, and prepping data into Common Data Models (CDMs)
- Develop and maintain logical and physical data models and data dictionaries
- Articulate recommendations through compelling presentations and architectural documents to a variety of technical and business audiences.
- Facilitate discovery sessions with internal stakeholders to solicit business requirements and define common reporting needs and challenges
- Reconcile and prioritize conflicting requirements from differing stakeholders
- Set and manage expectations of executive management team
- Work independently and establish personal work scope and priorities
- Can be hands-on as needed and work to build a team and support the team growth plan
- You have 5+ years of experience with all phases of data modeling
- You have 5+ years of experience with Extract Transform Load (ETL), data migration, data quality, metadata management, and data integration.
- Experience with all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization
- Experience with the application of data science, data engineering, and data analytics, including working on structured, unstructured, and relational data
- Experience with data interchange formats and languages such CSV, JSON and XML
- Experience with integration technologies such as web services including REST
- You have MySQL, MariaDB and/or PostgreSQL expertise, including 5+ years of relevant database engineering, database administration, or DBA experience
- You have knowledge of business intelligence and visualization tools such as Tableau
- You have knowledge of data integration and ETL tools
- Preferred knowledge of enterprise systems including Appian, Salesforce and NetSuite
- Preferred knowledge of business intelligence products including Tableau
- Preferred knowledge of modeling for machine learning and predictive analytics
- Preferred knowledge of data integration and ETL including Informatica
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.