Summary: Master of quality techniques and tools. Ensure high quality and timely delivery and support of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective and ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process and skilled at the reproduction of customer issues. Strives to understand complex system interactions and dependencies that can cause quality issues and ensures engineers account for them in their design and testing. Analyzes mistakes and helps ensure they do not recur.
- Troubleshoot customer issues escalated to Engineering, including reproducing, identification of causal system area and best team to address.
- Manually test and troubleshoot high impact, urgent system changes from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, database, and regression Test features across web, Android and iOS platforms.
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies.
- Build, maintain, and improve scripts, tools and artifacts to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Appian incident response.
- Work with organizations across Appian to orchestrate incident response activities.
- Clearly and effectively communicates incident status to relevant stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Know and able to effectively apply software testing design techniques.
- Systematically analyze requirements ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities.
- Effectively and efficiently determine the root causes of product defects.
- Desired: Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python and Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design and techniques.
Preferred Experience Level:
4+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, Customer Support, or Software Engineer)
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.