As a Scrum Master, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating our operational support practices in Engineering, managing our on-call teams and ensuring we’re providing comprehensive customer support.
Additionally, the Scrum Master, is responsible for leading the definition of necessary DevOps and Site reliability engineering (SRE) processes and methodology, and driving the adoption of DevOps and SRE practices through improvement initiatives across the Engineering department.
This role requires a collaborative business leader with strong project/program management experience on landing DevOps and SRE practices, understanding of engineering disciplines, and the ability to successfully influence in a highly matrixed environment.
In this role, you will ensure all of the critical aspects of our product in use by our customers have teams available 24/7, 365 that consistently provide excellent, responsive, support.
- Lead a team of Software/Systems Engineers to respond to our customer’s production incidents.
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of mission critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Lead by example, care for the team, and establish credibility with the quality of the teams' technical execution.
- Navigate complex sets of dependencies between services and teams to optimize the critical path, address and mitigate risks.
- Manage on-call rotations across continents, using a follow-the-sun model.
- Represent the organization within the engineering community to influence partner roadmaps and strategy.
- Strategizing a multi-year roadmap for defining, integrating, evangelizing, and landing DevOps and SRE practices.
- Continuously evaluate and represent SRE, DevOps, and customer support with Senior Leadership and other Directors.
- Overseeing development of processes, tools and reporting and making key decisions for enabling DevOps and SRE practices for the business.
- Coordinate, measure, and monitor the execution of DevOps and SRE practices, and overseeing actions for continuous improvement.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.