At Appian, we're not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Director of Product Management you will be a strategic leader on the product management team, overseeing the vision, product portfolio backlog, and product management team for a business unit.
This position will be specifically focused on the foundational software components and core services of the Appian architecture: data persistence and retrieval, the declarative user interface definition and data transformation expression language, and the engines that power automation features. You'll form strong relationships with counterparts within the Engineering department as well as stakeholders in other departments. You will oversee the creation of an impactful vision and ensure alignment between the product managers you supervise and the roadmaps of the feature teams that rely on the core services and frameworks provided by your organization. You will be accountable for the product strategy and feature backlog, the effectiveness and adherence to standard processes of the product management staff that reports to you, and above all else, the business impact of the features your team delivers.
What you'll do:
- Oversee the initiation, planning, execution, and rollout for strategic initiatives.
- Lead the development and ongoing maintenance of a multi-team, short-term and long-term feature backlog strongly aligned to product and corporate vision.
- Initiate and facilitate conversations across business units and departments to reach alignment on strategy, roadmap, key investments and messaging.
- Build relationships with key business stakeholders, keeping them apprised of important features, critical scope changes, planned investments.
- Manage several product managers across the full spectrum of experience levels through the full lifecycle of talent management (forecasting, recruiting, onboarding, 1-on-1s, reviews, promotions, compensation, and performance management).
- Identify and cultivate the next generation of product management leadership.
- Provide constructive feedback on feature specifications to ensure new feature delivery provides optimal impact.
- Coach product managers on balancing functional and non-functional enhancements and system improvements.
- Continuously enhance and improve the product management processes and techniques at Appian.
- Strong technical background, likely as a former software architect or developer who later became a product manager
- Passion for the backend technologies that power enterprise software systems, both proprietary and industry-standard
- Deep understanding of data persistence and reporting capabilities and requirements with respect to enterprise software products
- Strong interest in the scalability, performance, security, observability, and reliability of distributed systems
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable talking high-level strategy with CxOs in the morning and feature details with developers in the afternoon
- Consistent track record of overseeing the successful delivery of multiple features across several teams
- Experience leading the product management processes and people at a software product company
- Multiples years of experience managing multiple product managers at various stages in their careers
- Experience leading impact mapping activities and measuring success criteria
Preferred Experience Level:
9+ years of product management experience; 5+ years of managing people
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.