Senior Manager, People Operations
The Senior Manager, People Operations is responsible for all aspects of the daily operation for HR. Reporting to the Director, People Operations, this role will play an integral part in growing our people processes and ensuring our HR initiatives run smoothly and contribute to a healthy work environment. The Senior Manager will develop processes for a variety of HR matters such as onboarding, payroll, compliance, and data management. The ideal person for this role should be excited to drive the HR operational and organizational excellence for all aspects of the employee lifecycle.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Own the design, delivery, documentation and effectiveness of core HR operations and processes
- Ensure proper controls and procedures are in place to guarantee audit compliance
- Improve processes, prioritizing activities, bringing innovation, and ensuring a strong and stable infrastructure to sustain organizational growth
- Monitor internal HR systems and databases
- Oversee all employee life-cycle phases (from the hiring process to separation) for domestic and international workforce, ensuring that all relevant policies are well communicated and implemented
- Strengthen and modernize the delivery of high quality and timely HR support and services to staff, while developing cross functional collaborative partnership with managers, individual staff members and key stakeholders
- Review and ensure compliance to HR policies and procedures, coordinating the development of policies and handbooks for the US and international employees, and supporting their implementation and dissemination
- Monitor administration to established standards and procedures. Identify opportunities for improvement and resolves any discrepancies.
- Provide direction and supervision of the People Operations team, including monitoring and providing feedback on performance, and providing coaching for performance
- Work in partnership with the International HR team building management capacities to ensure qualified and trained Human Resources staff across the country offices
- Escalation contact for exceptions, policy and procedure clarification, and employees wanting to escalate
- Delegate and oversee special projects to the team and any requests that come in through the manager directly
Skills and Experience:
- Proven track record in implementing and scaling HR processes and operations
- Fundamental knowledge of managing an operational function
- Ability to develop clear and fair company policies
- Cross functional leadership abilities
- Superb interpersonal and communication skills, particularly in building relationships with business leaders and HR partners
- Ability to manage, coach and develop a high-performance team
- Proficiency in breaking down and analyzing process steps to identify areas where changes will elevate the performance of the HR Ops function
- Proficiency in identifying and analyzing key issues within a complex or ambiguous problem, identifying the root cause of the problem, and generating the appropriate solution
- Excellent project management skills
- Team Management Skills
- Proven ability to collaborate
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and procedures
- Experience with managing regulatory audits (e.g. SOX)
- Bachelors’ Degree in HR Management or related field experience
- 5+ years related experience in HR Service Delivery and Management. Demonstrated success leading high performance work team
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.