Partner Success Managers own accelerating the development of the Appian practices at largest implementation partners, maximizing the commercial benefits to both Appian and our partners. They do this by:
- Developing enablement strategies to enhance partner Appian delivery capabilities
- Advising partners on building out and scaling their Appian practices
- Advising on delivery practices that help their customer be successful with Appian
- Engaging & educating senior partner stakeholders to realize increase the confidence in Appian
- Implementing practices and communication protocols that reduce the effort required to partner with Appian.
- Helping partners solution for the Government specific needs and constraints
Successful candidates must be highly motivated team players with expertise working in a fast paced, cross-functional manner. Candidates must also have the ability to establish broad senior level relationships within Appian’s federal partners.
Appian is currently seeking a Partner Success Manager to work with our Federal System Integrator (SI) partners.
- Experience Developing and Supporting Strategic Partnerships: Experience with creating and building differentiated relationships with partners in the SI community. A strategic thinker who is able to blend consulting and business strategy to develop compelling plans for new partner initiatives. Deep fluency in the mechanics and of the federal SI ecosystem and an understanding of their business & operating models.
- Technology Practice-Building Expertise: Deeply knowledgeable and credible in the steps necessary to build a successful Appian practice on a global scale.
- Stakeholder Management, Executive Presence & Communication: Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, from technical resources to senior partner executives. Able to challenge the perspective of others or manage difficult conversations when necessary.
- Foundation in Appian Technology, the Low-Code Market & Delivery Practices: Understands the basics of the Appian platform and how applications are built on it. UnderstandS the low-code market and Appian’s differentiation in that market. Understands general best practices related to project scoping, team staffing, technical development, and ongoing management of applications in Appian.
- Federal Acumen: Able to understand, solve, and advise the federal SIs on the unique challenges and constraints in the Federal space, such as federal contract vehicles, slow Agile adoption/adherence, mission critical nature of the solutions, stricter non-functional needs (such as accessibility, security, and performance), regulated usability guidelines, compliance to laws and regulations, authority to operate (ATO), DevOps automation requirements, self-managed infrastructure, and so-on.
- Proactivity/Bias Towards Action: Not content to ‘sit back’. Proactive posture in looking for ways to have an impact. Effective at translating important priorities into actionable plans and then driving execution on those plans.
- Problem Solving:Is a natural problem solver. Able to quickly get to the root cause of problems and identify the optimal path to a solution. Able to see problems ‘in 3D’, understanding various facets related to people, process or technology. Has “grit” and determination that enables them to find ways past obstacles and setbacks.
- Collaboration, Coordination, Connecting and Influencing: Effective communicator in both written and oral formats. Ability to influence others without direct reporting authority.
- Appian Skills Development & Enablement Planning and Execution: In partnership with practice leaders, develop an integrated Appian enablement plan for the partner organization practice and regularly review progress against that plan. Help the partner build critical capabilities that accelerate deal capture and project delivery success. Advise and influence the partner on solutioning the winning Appian-enabled teams in their bids.
- Appian Practice Development: Build and execute strategies for driving significant growth in annual Appian services revenues at targeted partner organizations. Accelerate partner Appian practice maturity and the development of key Appian program capabilities necessary for meaningful practice growth. Improve Appian ‘mindshare’ within partner organizations and evangelize Appian benefits.
Develop Relationships with Key Stakeholders & Track Partnership 'Health’’- PSMs, working with Alliances, should map the partner organization and develop relationships with key stakeholders, expanding Appian’s footprint and influence within the partner. The PSM should track performance against practice growth goals.
- Identifying and Removing Barriers to Partner Project Success & Practice Growth: PSMs are responsible for understanding and attacking the key barriers to a partner’s ability to successfully deliver Appian projects and grow their business with Appian: these barriers may be related to technology solutions, process (e.g. Appian governance maturity) or people (e.g. team skills)
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required, masters preferred.
- 15 years of related experience in the enterprise technology field including project solution delivery, technology practice development, preferably Appian or similar enterprise platform solutions.
- Direct experience working in the Federal Space, preferably working with a Federal System Integrator and/or with an Appian Partner.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.