At Appian, we use documentation to solve problems and help users achieve goals. Documentation can make our product seem harder than it is, or make the hard parts seem easy.
Information Developers create compelling technical content that aids users in developing expertise with the Appian platform. Understands and enforces personas and content strategy. Coaches other contributors on the design and delivery of technical content for new and existing product features.
- Collaborates with product managers and other subject matter experts to create content.
- Maintains and updates content as the product evolves.
- Ensures that the technical content meets high quality standards and is consistent in style and tone.
- Applies understanding of personas and product strategy to the content they create.
- Using feedback, identifies and solves problems via documentation.
- Provides writing guidance for other contributors.
- Contributes to defining language styles, including the look, feel, mood, and voice for all content types.
Preferred Experience Level: 2+ years of writing and delivering compelling technical documentation for complex software
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree in Professional and Technical Writing (or related field/degree)
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.