At Appian, we use documentation to solve problems and help users achieve goals. Documentation can make our product seem harder than it is, or make the hard parts seem easy.
As a Senior Information Developer within the Engineering Department, you communicate the product to our users. Your mission is to learn the behavior of new features and create documentation geared toward both technical and non-technical audiences that explains how to use the product, along with the best practices for doing so. We have a lot of reverence for our documentation, and you’ll work with an enthusiastic conglomerate of writers and product managers who are passionate about the product being documented in a way that makes it as accessible and successful as possible. You will contribute exemplary content, support the development of the documentation site, and help shape and steer our content vision and strategy.
- Produce high-quality documentation that supports our users and our product strategy.
- Ensure fulfillment of our content strategy through articulate reviews, examples, and guided revision.
- Collaborate with product managers to determine the best strategy for documenting the evolving product landscape.
- Develop and maintain Jekyll templates, layouts, includes, and other structural elements.
- Contributes to defining the overall structure of the documentation site, including its information architecture and methods of content reuse.
- Look for opportunities to explore and experiment with novel documentation technologies and styles.
Preferred Experience Level: 5+ years of writing and delivering compelling, technical documentation for complex software, with 2+ years in a senior or lead role. Experience with Jekyll/Liquid (or other web templating languages) preferred.
Education: B.A. or B.S. degree in Professional and Technical Writing (or related field/degree)
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.