At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As an Instructional Systems Designer, you’ll partner with internal product teams to transform our content in order to train, empower, and make life easier for our users.
What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
What you’ll do:
- Demonstrate application building proficiency and knowledge of features in development each release,
- Design and develop e-learning and other web-based training using a broad range of instructional tools and techniques.
- Demonstrate proficiency with e-learning authoring tools (Captivate).
- Demonstrate knowledge of engineering departmental structure and identification of SMEs across departments.
- Establish working relationships with media production team, training delivery team, management, subject matter experts, and end users.
- Design and implement role-based needs analysis for new curriculum planning and development.
- Routinely review content and provide feedback to other ISDs.
- Thorough knowledge of new course SOPs .
- Provide feedback on and make updates to the team’s existing processes and procedures to increase efficiency and standardization across ISDs.
Preferred Experience Level:
2-3 years experience with instructional design and development of e-learning content. Knowledge of adult learning theory, e-learning and instructional design principles, ADDIE, Adobe Captivate, Articulate, and SCORM. Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
B.S. in Education, Instructional Design, or related field.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.