What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software!
Summary: Ensure high quality and timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective and ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Strives to understand complex system interactions and dependencies that can cause quality issues and ensures engineers account for them in their design and testing. Analyzes mistakes and helps ensure they do not recur.
- Manually test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, database, and regression Test features across web, Android and iOS platforms.
- Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python and Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design and techniques.
- Support existing features by performing regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies.
- Build, maintain and improve test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Work with other scrum team members to define and review Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of bugs and test results.
- Know some elements of test design.
- Understand how to systematically analyze requirements.
- Know how to understand the root cause of software defects.
- Understand Engineering strategy for performance engineering.
- Write complete and concise software defects with all necessary supporting information.
- Participates in release management activities.
Preferred Experience Level:
1+ year of relevant experience
B.S. degree in an Engineering field or demonstrated aptitude for technology
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.