Information Technology is a critical part of Appian’s strategy. We are looking for a hands-on IT Manager with excellent technical skills and a passion to excel at leading within an elite organization. Appian’s IT focus is progressive and modern. Your desire to employ state of the art technologies is critical for this position.
Appian’s Information Technology department provides corporate infrastructure, software, support and services. A Manager that is eager to be involved in many different areas of business and hands-on technical responsibility is required. Prior experience working with software development and cloud organizations is highly preferred.
- Manage one or more small teams within the Information Technology department in accordance with organizational policies and goals.
- Implement and maintain policies, procedures and goals that support the organization's IT needs.
- Help business operations groups utilize information systems to improve their efficiency.
- Ensure computer equipment, hardware, and software is maintained to meet the functional and security needs of the organization.
- May be responsible for evaluating inventory needs and implementing strategies to ensure adequate levels are maintained.
- Minimize organizational cost through product standardization and tracking.
- Support financial and technical audits.
Knowledge and experience required:
- Prior supervisory responsibility of corporate IT personnel
- Operating systems: Unix, Mac OS, and/or Windows
- Virtual environments (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Google Compute Engine, VMware)
- Security concepts and technologies
- Telecommunications and collaboration technologies
- Networking concepts such as subnetting and VLANs
- Previous experience managing in a high-tech company preferred
- Previous corporate Service Desk management is a plus
Roles, skills, and attributes required:
- Strong affinity with technology, especially cloud computing
- Energy and a clear passion for the role
- Extreme attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.