Senior Financial Operations Analyst
Are you passionate about operations and finance? Are you a people person with excellent organizational and communication skills? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with a diversity of challenges?
Appian’s Customer Success Operations team is growing! This role demands someone with comfort in both business and finance and an interest in translating between the two. We are looking for someone who is quick, enthusiastic and has an extremely high level of attention to detail. There is a huge opportunity to make a significant impact on the business. If you like to look at things from different angles and come up with great solutions, this is the role for you!
- You have 3-7 years of financial analysis, project finance, project control, finance operations, or corporate finance-related experience in a professional services/consulting organization.
- You display leadership skills, are proactive and have great communication skills to support business stakeholders at different levels and across functional areas of an organization
- Experience working for a Federal Government Contractor is preferred
- You are a numbers person who has a passion for the financial success and financial planning, and reporting of a growing global company
- You have experience with Salesforce, OpenAir, Projector and/or related systems
- You are educated with a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, and/or related field
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills for planning and budgeting processes
- You are an Excel whiz with expertise in creating and manipulating Pivot Tables and using other Excel formulas
- You are a fast learner who can work independently with little direction
How you’ll contribute:
- Support, advise, and educate to Directors, Project Managers and VPs in the project and organizational budgeting, forecasting, and Estimate-at-Completion (EAC) process
- Track, report, and analyze program spend compared to funding and contract values
- Collaborate with Appian’s billing department to ensure the timely and accurate processing of invoicing to our clients
- Perform extensive and detailed planning, reporting, and analysis on key performance metrics for CS; provide recommendations and advisory to supervisor and key stakeholders based on analysis; develop analytical tools in MS Excel or other tools
- Partner with key stakeholders across Customer Success and other areas of the organization to support the financial and operational management and processes of Customer Success projects and business areas
- Lead the development of financial processes and reporting vital to the operation of the Customer Success organization
- Responsible for financial reporting and analysis, revenue and profit forecasting, utilization analysis and business management duties as necessary
- Lead and assists in program financial duties including project labor costing and relevant SOW analysis, bill rate analysis and FFP percentage of complete revenue recognition
- Serve as Project Leader/Project Manager on special projects and operational initiatives of medium to high complexity; gather requirements, align stakeholders, create and manage to schedule, provide progress reports, and manage project to completion
- Build out and conduct best practices including Budgeting, Forecasting, Timesheet Compliance, and other relevant training for new managers
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process and case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the world’s toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, and ease that we are continually improving our internal use and feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Post’s “Top Workplaces” list for the last seven consecutive years.