In this cross-functional role, you will report directly to the Deal Desk Leader of Appian. An effective Deal Desk Manager uses a mix of critical thinking, creativity, and excellent communication and relationship building skills. Success in this position requires you to be a self-starter with proven problem-solving skills.
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on deal constructs, special pricing, operations, approval policies, and troubleshooting of deal issues and sales escalations.
- Support Sales team in negotiation of contract structure and pricing in compliance with Appian's internal policies while maximizing value to the customer and Appian.
- Guide optimal use of quote and opportunity management tools to accelerate sales cycles and drive collection of actionable business data.
- Facilitate alignment and communication between Appian’s Sales Teams, and internal stakeholders, including Finance, Legal, Engineering, and Product teams, and external customers/partners to promptly resolve business/issues and foster productive interactions.
- Validate all aspects of agreement packages for accuracy and compliance with Appian’s business practices and approvals process, and maintain responsiveness.
- Cultivate best practices through analyses, projects and reporting contributing to the continued growth of Appian’s Sales team and Deal Desk.
- Support in developing training materials, sales examples and engage in regular training sessions with Sales teams.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in related role (Deal Desk, Sales Operations, and/or Finance/Pricing experience preferred).
- Negotiation experience and competence. Ability to work to understand the interests behind positions and get past objections to workable solutions.
- Experience using CRM and CPQ systems. Working knowledge of contracts and accounting. Experience with software contracts and revenue recognition policies.
- Experience in GSA, FAR and DFAR acquisition is a plus.
- Inclined to take action and work independently, although support is there when you need it. Driven to complete tasks through to impact.
- Ownership mentality. Possess the character to act with integrity for the best interests of the entire organization.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Detail oriented. Must be organized and able to stay on top of fast-moving information and tasks.
- Process focused by nature. You like order and having things documented for easy reference.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, sales, or a business-related field.
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate and transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting and enhancing legacy applications – all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted and unified cloud platform.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.