The Partner Programs & Operations team is tasked with growing and enabling our partner ecosystem. Our team is responsible for the support of partners throughout their partnership lifecycle: from partnership qualification and program on-boarding to accessing program entitlements, driving enablement, and helping partners build their Appian business.
The Partner Operations team serves as a resource for Appian partner managers and partner organizations, responding to questions about the Appian Partner Program, required legal agreements, access to the Partner Community Portal and associated tools and resources, partners’ program compliance status and performance. This team also manages the backend systems and processes that support partner engagement; and ensures that data regarding the partner ecosystem is accurate and provides a holistic view for Appian leadership on the status and health of Appian’s partner community.
We are currently looking for a Channel Operations Manager to focus on growing revenue by optimizing programs, streamlining processes, and driving enablement focused on Appian’s reseller partners. Day to day responsibilities include the creation, execution, measurement, and evaluation of new channel partner programs to support scale and revenue acceleration with partners, as well as programs and promotions to recruit new reseller partners and VARs to expand Appian’s global coverage.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Defining a reseller channel partner profile and campaigns to assist with identifying and recruiting qualified partners
- Assessing and rationalizing the current portfolio of Appian partner programs for channel partners.
- Developing programs focused on enabling partners who sell and deliver Appian solutions into the mid-enterprise and SMB market space
- Defining pricing models for reseller partners in specific market segments, emerging markets or regions
- Working with internal teams (legal, Appian Business Applications/IT, finance) to develop QTO process for channel
- Driving the enablement and skill development of our reseller partner community.
- Managing the communication strategy, process, and tools focused on increasing reseller performance.
- Implementing and managing reporting tools to enable our partner managers.
- Optimizing & streamlining global partner processes & procedures.
- Defining, implementing, and managing channel incentives and lead sharing programs.
- Develop a channel strategy that focuses on recruiting new partners and growing indirect sales revenue
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, products & solutions, legal, finance, and other stakeholders to regionalize and implement channel programs to ensure alignment across the business globally
- Communicate channel program updates to partners and internally to drive sales engagement with partners
- Advocate and drive the development, management, and evolution of a partner portal to create an engaging platform for partners to interact with Appian (deal registration, tracking, information sharing, collateral, training, sales incentives, etc.)
- Define tools and resources required to enable channel sales process from pipeline generation to configuring, quoting and booking sales
- Track sales pipeline and bookings against quota and other metrics
- Work with Sales Operations/IT teams to implement partner strategy, data/reporting, workflows, and other operational governance for the program
- Manage and administer partner agreements and contracts
- Works with partners directly to solicit feedback on existing programs/processes and implement changes
- Tracks channel program competencies and gaps, all in support of growing education, awareness, excitement and participation among the partner community
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent relevant experience in channel program development and/or channel sales management
- Excellent problem solving, organizational skills, oral/written and presentation skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong communication & relationship skills, with the ability to effectively navigate & mediate conflict
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams (including, but not limited to Sales, Operations, Support, Developers, Program Managers, Attorneys, and Senior Leadership).
- Experience working with channel partners, preferably in Partner Operations or Sales Operations role a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable with sales data and reporting tools either through the CRM or external reporting.
- Business Applications include G-Suite: Google cloud productivity and collaboration tools, Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint), Salesforce and Appian Business Applications.
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate and transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting and enhancing legacy applications – all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted and unified cloud platform.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.