Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. With Appian, customers get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted and unified platform. Building the cloud infrastructure for the leading low-code platform requires agile, reliable, highly secure, highly scalable, and highly available systems.
Appian is seeking a Vice President of Global Public Sector Cloud Programs to oversee and grow Appian’s global secure Cloud programs. In this role, you will have the opportunity to build Appian’s public sector Cloud offering and expand our impact to government customers worldwide. You will lead Appian’s public sector strategy and direct a cross-functional team, including partners, in the development and execution of Appian’s offering that delivers Appian’s software to the US Department of Defense and other public sector customers.
You should be a leader in launching new software offerings with experience in public sector high security environments. You should have in-depth experience supporting US DoD customers from a technical leadership perspective. You will be responsible for the security and compliance of Appian’s public sector Cloud offerings, and should have a balance of management, compliance and modern cloud/PaaS/SaaS technology skill sets.
This is an exciting opportunity to expand Appian’s reach through a secure Cloud offering. You will set the direction of Appian’s government Cloud strategy, direct new SaaS offerings for the public sector, and establish Appian as a leader for low-code automation in the public sector through these offerings.
- Oversee Appian’s public sector Cloud program, including leading Appian’s strategy and delivery
- Responsible for security and compliance of government Cloud offerings
- Define and design our public sector Cloud strategy in the US and abroad, including identifying and defining innovative offerings, leading investment planning and defining the go-to market strategy
- Direct a team across product, information security, and other segments of the organization, including partners and vendors, to grow Appian’s public sector secure Cloud offering
- Maintain expertise of relevant federal government cloud security regulations, directives and industry trends, including FedRAMP, DoD and NIST/FISMA requirements, and align the DoD Cloud strategy to proactively address changes in the marketplace
- Lead the development of marketing and sales collateral. Evangelize and present our offering and Appian’s cloud strategy to federal industry organizations, publications and etc.
- Support the sales team in the solutioning, including implementation planning and pricing
- Experience with DoD cloud services, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP), Salesforce, etc.
- Demonstrated expert understanding of IL5 and FedRAMP High requirements
- Experience managing secure government cloud offering
- Experience serving as a senior technical leader for federal customers
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent problem solving skills and talent for identifying creative solutions
- Possession of a US government DoD clearance
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.