Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate and transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting and enhancing legacy applications – all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted and unified cloud platform.
Appian is seeking a Senior Accountant or Accounting Manager responsible for the accounting, reconciliation and reporting for various transactions but with a focus on compensation and equity for a 1,500+ employee, multinational organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will serve as a broad accounting resource within the Corporate Accounting group
- Will own accounting for global company payroll and equity transactions
- Will assist in the the administration of equity compensation including incentive stock options, restricted stock units and non-qualified stock options
- Supporting the HR and Equity teams with research and resolution of complex and non-standard equity transactions
- Ensure timely and accurate GL accounting and reconciliation of all payroll related activities
- Prepare monthly journal entries related to payroll accruals, including bonus and commission accruals
- Accounting for complex compensation arrangements
- Review and assist with routine payroll accounting including PTO, off cycle transactions, employee advances and related accruals
- Reconciliation of compensation related balance sheet accounts
- Coordinating with international accountants on local compensation and equity related matters and annual filing requirements
- Maintain international regulatory and reporting compliance
- Ensure SOX compliance procedures are followed
- Support outside financial, 401k and workers compensation audits as required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred
- CPA Preferred
- 5+ years finance and accounting experience
- 3+ years finance/accounting experience with emphasis on employee compensation and equity transactions
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.