Appian is looking for an Architect to scale Appian’s technical solutions and enable Appian’s delivery teams. As an Architect, you will be a key technical leader within Appian’s Customer Success team as well as a trusted technical advisor to Appian’s clients. In this role, not only do you become an expert at scaling process applications on our software, but also become business process experts in the various industries of our clients. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product and business skills to make our customers and partners successful.
- You are an expert practitioner in software design with at least 5 years of hands-on technical experience and ideally, you’re familiar with business process management in a consulting environment.
- You have experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications in particular subject to agile delivery methodologies.
- You are passionate about technology, excited by tough challenges, and are a natural problem solver
- You have demonstrated past breakout success with enterprise software systems design and implementation.
- You’re at ease in client-facing situations and have had previous success presenting complex technical concepts & designs to a variety of audiences
- You intimately understand the federal procurement process and are not a stranger to RFPs, RFIs, etc.
- You have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field/degree
You will be successful in this role if you will be able to:
- Work directly with project stakeholders throughout the entire lifecycle of multiple projects to define, design, implement, and review business process based solutions.
- Work with teams to identify and remediate technical risks early in the application development lifecycle.
- Collect and review technical challenges with a team of architects and distill into common best practices and common solutions.
- Design and review complex solutions with Appian software and remove technical impediments.
- Contribute directly to the product feedback loop based on design patterns, field feedback, implementation challenges, and product features needed by Appian clients.
- Work with clients on all aspects of their program to drive technical success and efficiency, including version control, configuration management, and other DevOps practices.
- Guiding client enterprise architecture teams as needed during the design and implementation of scalable solutions.
- Drive Appian product adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
About Our Tech Stack:
Appian’s platform (PaaS) is built within a modern Java framework from front to back. On the front end, you’ll work with our unique patented language, SAIL. You'll get to work with across a variety of relational databases (SQL, MySQL) and architect systems using the latest enterprise integration tools & protocols (APIs, web services SOAP/REST, MuleSoft, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Office365). We also love experimenting with the latest in RPA (like BluePrism), AI, and machine learning tools (like Google ML). Our Platform as a Service is implemented on leading cloud providers like AWS. We pride ourselves in always practicing innovative development philosophies often drawn from agile principles.
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process and case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the world’s toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, and ease that we are continually improving our internal use and feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Post’s “Top Workplaces” list for the last sixth consecutive years.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.