Appian is seeking a strategic industry expert in Manufacturing and Supply Chain for our rapidly growing business. As a member of the Industry Leads team, you will successfully collaborate across Appian to enable client success with their digital transformation efforts, while contributing to continuous growth in license revenue across both new and existing clients in the area of Manufacturing and Supply chain across Appian’s other relevant sectors including Broad Markets and Life Sciences.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time with clients, partners, and analysts, helping to evangelize new applications for our work automation software, providing strategy, and coaching our Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, and Customer Success teams.
The rest of your time will be split among the following activities:
- Supporting and helping Account Executives design programs and build their strategic account plans for penetrating new target accounts plus expanding Appian’s footprint at existing accounts.
- Delivering thought leadership across a variety of formats to generate prospect interest, and secure market awareness.
- Building and curating Appian’s internal knowledge base in the Manufacturing and Supply Chain space.
Additional Activities Include:
- Providing market knowledge and guidance to Appian Sales & partner organizations on the target account strategy within the Manufacturing and Supply Chain vertical
- Leading and participating in sales presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
- Support our marketing strategy by participating in appropriate trade shows, providing insights for industry events, webinars, etc.
Required Skills & Desired Background:
- 10+ years of direct experience in a leadership role at a manufacturing firm with a complete understanding of the major business drivers in the manufacturing and Supply Chain space
- Hands-on experience driving change and new solutions, with an emphasis on improved customer experience, regulatory effectiveness, and operational efficiency
- Understanding recent trends around digital transformation and the role of technology and innovation
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials in Manufacturing and Supply Chain
- MBA preferred. Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in manufacturing and supply chain disciplines
- Lean Six Sigma and other process improvement knowhow and training desired
Location & Travel:
- 30% travel is expected to clients across the country and at times internationally
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate and transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting and enhancing legacy applications – all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted and unified cloud platform.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.