Appian is a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. In order to provide an intuitive experience we need an extremely powerful backend to abstract all of the complexities. This backend should be able to persist our customers data regardless of the amount of data, workload (OLTP / OLAP) and usage (elastically scalable) while ensuring consistent performance and still being available 24/7 no matter which part of the world you are using Appian from. in the world you are using Appian from.
As a Senior Software Engineer working at Appian, you will have the opportunity to build highly-available distributed environments which are able to autonomously scale up and down based on customers usage patterns. You will work in some of the most complex challenges around optimal resource utilization for large-scale cloud-native and on-premise installations by utilizing data structures, algorithms, object-oriented/functional programming paradigms and distributed computing.
Working in Appian Engineering:
- Modern tech stack and continuous delivery software
- Indie time -- set aside every month for fun side projects
- Casual working environment -- wear what you want
- Company retreat, movie nights, fun events -- bring the whole family!
- Lateral mobility encouraged by supportive senior leadership
- Chance to influence the direction of our technology
- Data is your passion. You’re an efficient and elegant coder, ideally with 5+ years of strong experience in Java, C++ or the like.
- You have experienced designing and implementing highly available distributed environments on mission critical systems for real-time applications.
- You are fearless at jumping into production environments to address customers' urgent issues.
- Data structures & algorithms delight you; you thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems.
- Fundamentals aren’t always fun -- but you know they are critical for understanding anything you seek to learn.
- You have no problem with any programming paradigm.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.