Are you looking to marry your passion for technology with your penchant for creative problem-solving? As an Application Engineer, you’ll build and deploy business applications on the Appian platform to support our internal teams and help us run Appian on Appian.
In this role, you will become an expert on our software; from implementing your first business process management application to participating in the delivery of the several mission-critical programs, you will bring our Digital Transformation Platform to life. The best part is that we use Appian’s Low Code Platform to make it all happen.
You will be successful in this role if you will be able to:
- Design, implement, and provide demonstrations of solutions built on Appian software using an agile methodology.
- Quickly learn the latest cutting edge technology (i.e. artificial intelligence, robotic process automation, etc) and use pre-released versions of the Appian software to provide feedback.
- Leverage experience in a range of critical process improvement disciplines including business process management, knowledge management, personalization, business intelligence, and application integration.
- Immediately impact Appian by analyzing stakeholder’s business strategy and business processes to develop corresponding technical solutions that provide an intuitive user experience.
- Independently communicate with internal stakeholders throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, and implement business solutions.
- Design prototypes, model business processes, and analyze requirements making the best use of Appian and available technologies (ex AWS and Google micro services).
- Implement quality assurance plans, load testing, and roll-out plans throughout the development process including regression testing.
- Triage and troubleshoot production issues and provide ongoing support to various business applications.
- Work on projects alone or as part of a team based on staffing requirements and complexity of project.
- Proactively provide feedback to Engineering and participate in usability testing for new product features.
- You have 1-3 years of job experience in software development or related field.
- You enjoy working with stakeholders to define business processes and gather functional system requirements. You are not an order taker; you ask why questions and solve the right problems.
- You’re educated, with at least a BS in Computer Science and/or related field/degree.
- You have excellent communication skills.
- You have a solid foundation of, or love for, technology.
- You can communicate with people of various personalities and are not afraid to voice your opinion.
- Preferred experience with relational databases (MySQL or similar) including designing data models and entity relationship diagrams from business use cases.
- Preferred experience with Google AI and AWS Machine Learning
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process and case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the world’s toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, and ease that we are continually improving our internal use and feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Post’s “Top Workplaces” list for the last sixth consecutive years.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.