Do you have a passion for prose with a penchant for software and technology? Think your way with words can transform prospects into clients? As an Appian Proposal Coordinator, you’ll develop proposals and own the nitty-gritty: you love language, but you also live for the details. As a master of cross-functional collaboration, you’re as agile as a developer and as meticulous as a marketer; you’re a steward of the corporate identity through adherence to document templates and branding standards. You’re comfortable working as both an individual contributor and team player.
About the Job:
As an Appian Proposal Coordinator, you will assist in the development of proposals and other documents which describe our products and services while collaborating with teams across the entire Appian organization. You will also be a regular contributor to the proposal team collateral and knowledge management repositories, including maintaining boilerplate (generic material) and updating and requesting new content from responsible parties/organizations.
Regular activities include:
- Reviewing customer requirements and producing qualifications/requirements matrices and response templates
- Driving and maintaining internal proposal milestone schedules for meetings and reviews in accordance with external due dates
- Communicate requirements and deadlines with responsible departments
- Assisting writers with revisions to content
- Engaging in proposal section coordination and providing responses using approved content
- Interfacing with multiple internal departments (Sales, Professional Services, Marketing, Legal, etc.), as well as partner teams, to gather/provide proposal materials
- Formatting, editing, and assembling final responses
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (writing intensive fields preferred)
- 1-3 years of proposal development or other professional experience
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Highly detail oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Comfortable working under deadline pressure
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.