We are seeking a Customer Success Manager to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will advise customers on how to maximize the value they get from Appian software. Through planning sessions, you will discover the customer’s business goals and develop a tailored plan to guide them toward achieving their desired outcomes. As a Customer Success Manager, you will regularly monitor progress against this plan, looking for and mitigating risks.
What you’ll do:
- Perform discovery sessions to understand the customer’s desired outcomes, translate these priorities into actionable plans and then drive execution of these plans with the customer.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Identifying potential areas of value for Appian within the client’s business and explaining the associated value proposition
- Identify and remove any barriers for successful adoption and expansion of the customer’s use of Appian software
- Maintain engagement with key client stakeholders in order to monitor account health and ensure alignment with their priorities
You’ll be successful in this role if you are:
- Comfortable identifying drivers of business performance and value creation and can communicate the connection between technology investments and important business outcomes.
- Not an order taker; asks “why” questions and solve the right problems
- A natural problem solver able to quickly get to the root cause of problems and identify the optimal path to a solution. Your “grit” and determination enables you to find ways past obstacles and setbacks.
- Not content to ‘sit back’, and have a proactive posture in looking for ways to have an impact.
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to a wide range of stakeholders, from technical resources to senior executives.
- Able to challenge the perspective of others or manage difficult conversations when necessary.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10 or more years of related experience in the enterprise technology field
- Strong consulting skills and proven results working as a Trusted Advisor to drive business value for customers
- Previous experience with hands on software development or technical consulting preferred
- Good understanding of enterprise architecture principles Ability to quickly grasp and distinctly explain technological and business concepts.
- Experience with agile software development practices
- Willingness to travel 50%
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful and unique applications. The applications created on Appian’s platform help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. We have built Appian by grounding ourselves in value and in respect, which requires allowing employees to define themselves and their potential. As a result, we are proud to have earned the #1 position on The Washington Post’s “Top Workplaces 2018” list in the Large Employer category.