Senior Software Engineer (Modern Records)
Appian’s vision is to unite people, process, and data in a seamless platform for low-code automation across the enterprise. Unfortunately, businesses today are hamstrung by their data being spread across their enterprise. The Modern Records Tribe at Appian is striving to make data faster to query, easier to leverage in applications, and a joy for users to consume. We're looking for passionate people who want to create powerful, data-driven features that will allow enterprises to quickly bring together data and build new business applications in order to transform their business.
What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
As a Senior Software Engineer working on the Appian platform, your mission will be to ensure Appian is always fast, scalable and up to whatever tasks our customers configure it to do. You will be solving problems of scale and flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined. Your scope extends from the high-performance data layer to the cross-platform user interface to the design tools used to create it.
- Leverage knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns to write software in a full-stack web and mobile environment.
- Leverage relevant software development experience to radiate best practices and faster development.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of the product by engineering reliability into software and systems.
- Contribute to software performance analysis and system tuning
- Strong contributor to team feature breakdowns/sizing and design of new feature implementations.
- Moderate degree of personal responsibility for the overall performance of the team, including capabilities, quality, stability and velocity.
- Perform code reviews which provide feedback not only on code quality, but on design and implementation.
- Build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Seek to identify opportunities for code refactoring and performance optimizations on a regular basis and champion these efforts within the team.
- Share advanced knowledge regularly on team and occasionally with others in the department; build a reputation as a key resource in those areas.
- Effectively communicate technical designs verbally and/or in writing for small to medium sized technical audiences.
- Contribute to Appian's long-term documentation through publishing relevant, high-quality content to Engineering's technical documentation site
Preferred Experience Level: MS in Computer Science or related field/degree and 1+ years of relevant experience, or a BS and 3+ years of relevant experience; Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment; Fluency in Java or C#
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or related field/degree
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.