The Education Outreach Director at Appian will lead the planning and execution of our partnership with DC Public Schools. Appian aims to support an incoming class of 6th graders at a DC Public School. Our goal is to partner with the school community and help give the students the tools and exposure they need to live their best lives by creating opportunities that they may not have considered or qualified for otherwise. Appian would build relationships with the sixth graders and work closely with the cohort, their parents, teachers, and administrators until their high school graduation in Spring 2027.
This role will work closely with administrative staff, students and Appian employees to ensure a successful program. You need to have prior experience working in and navigating the public-school system. You should possess strong project management skills and be very comfortable shifting from program design to hands-on execution as required. You should come with great ideas and a passion for creative approaches to education and student enrichment.
- Collaboratively develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to partner with DC Public Schools for an enriching, long lasting program that makes a positive impact on the community.
- Support employees and students through various programs including mentoring, tutoring, STEM programming, etc
- 6-8 years of professional experience in community outreach and engagement including direct experience working in a public school system
- Proven leadership and success in engagement and mobilization at the individual, community and organizational level
- Program planning and facilitation experience
- Experience and expertise working with individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with the demonstrated ability to engage and influence others