Senior Database Engineer
As a key member of Appian’s Tactical Database Team you will ensure the reliability of our rapidly growing, highly available RDBMS server architecture. Your work will define organizational best practices for configuring, upgrading and debugging thousands of database instances for Appian’s global customer base. Success in this position will require expertise in open-source database standards MySQL and/or MariaDB and an obsession for optimizing performance and scalability.
Skills and Experience
- MySQL, MariaDB and/or PostgreSQL expertise, including 7+ years of relevant database engineering, database administration, or DBA experience
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices for open source databases (MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, etc.)
- Ability and interest in troubleshooting RDBMS issues related to performance, memory and architecture
- Tangible experience managing, scaling, configuring and tuning highly available databases
- Ability to provide expert recommendations about schema and query design and other features like triggers, encryption, store procedures, partitioning, etc.
- Proactive approach to leveraging monitoring tools to prevent outages and performance bottlenecks
Now more than ever, Appian’s low-code software platform is helping organizations manage through a rapidly changing world. By uniting RPA, rules automation, Artificial Intelligence, and Business Process Management into a secure and scalable platform, Appian has established itself as a leader in the rapidly growing low-code industry. From helping healthcare systems manage COVID-19 cases to ensuring students can return to college campuses safely, our platform is having real impact each day. We’re looking to grow our team with others who share our passion for making software simple and flexible.
Some of the perks of working in Appian Engineering include:
- A modern tech stack deploying 1000s of database instances globally
- Monthly Indie time set aside for creative, high-impact projects of interest
- Flexible, casual working environment alongside thoughtful colleagues
- Appian’s annual company retreat, movie nights, and events for employees and family
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.