Appian’s information security team is growing and is seeking a Senior Information Security Analyst to join our security operations team. This person will work in a dynamic information security team and be exposed to modern cloud technologies and security frameworks. You will be assisting the Appian Information Security department in continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appian operations and service offerings. You will analyze international security concerns, emerging threats, vulnerability identification, threat hunting, and monitoring.
About the Job
- Provide analysis and investigation of security related data from a wide range of security products and devices to identify trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activities
- Perform root cause analysis and provide recommendations that will mitigate potential impact
- Contribute to security techniques and automation for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and broad scale
- Assist in the security incident response and investigation processes
- Provide situational awareness on the current threat landscape and the techniques, tactics and procedures (TTPs) associated with specific threats
- Pursue actionable intelligence on current threats as they relate to Appian
- Lead internal and external security reviews, audits, and control evaluations
- Bachelor’s degree in related field of study
- 3+ years security operations experience
- Knowledgeable of cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS) and layer security responsibilities
- You have experience with containers, kubernetes, and DevSecOps principles
- Deep understanding of network defense principles, common attack vectors, and attacker techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of common adversary tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Knowledge of the MITRE ATT&CK Framework, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model of Intrusion Analysis, or other relevant network defence and intelligence frameworks preferred
- Experienced with assessing network security technologies and configurations
- Experience with EDR and SIEM platforms
- Familiarity with automation concepts and proficiency in scripting languages
- Demonstrated experience of presenting information security concepts and risks to management level personnel of varying technical backgrounds
- Bonus: Relevant information security certifications, such as GCIH or other SANS certifications.
Appian makes building complex software simple. We’ve built our low-code platform from the ground up with the power to address some of the world’s toughest business problems. It’s exciting and challenging work with exciting and fulfilling rewards. It takes the right person…is that you?
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.