Director Of Training, Customer Success
Appian is seeking an experienced training professional to join the Customer Success team in the role of Director of Training. In this critical role, you will help grow our community of Appian practitioners and enable our customers to learn and adopt our platform quickly and easily . You will partner with business leaders across the company to define course curriculum, educational tools and lead our worldwide team of trainers to deliver these courses to our customers and partners. This role requires business intuition, team management experience, and a deep knowledge of education best practices.
- Lead the design, planning, and delivery of training services for our customers that best fit the needs of the audience and content (classroom or virtual instructor-led learning methods).
- Create and maintain a catalogue of instructor led on-site, virtual and public courses delivered at our training facilities world-wide.
- Oversee educational content development process from vision to delivery.
- Collect feedback from our customers and consistently refine our services to best meet their needs.
- Define, roll-out and manage our certification programs.
- Define program performance metrics and use data to ensure consistent delivery of our services.
- Work closely with our Sales and Alliances Teams to provide training recommendations for customers and partners
- Lead our global team of trainers and continue to refine our career paths so they offer growth and advancement opportunities as the team grows
- 10+ years experience in an education role including instructional design, training service delivery and team leadership.
- Familiarity with the Enterprise software industry and best practices for technical training.
- Knowledge of proven training methods, as well as the technology that enables those methods.
- Outstanding writing, communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about education and visionary for how it can be applied by a software company to drive product adoption and help customers achieve their goals.
- Ability to thrive in environments that often start with uncertain requirements or outcomes; ability to put definition and structure around problems and projects
- Strong organization and team leadership skills and experience managing a large disparate team.
- Proven ability to gather support across multiple stakeholders and lead efforts through challenges and obstacles
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in a clear, precise and actionable manner
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively partner and influence with stakeholders of all levels within our organization.