Are you passionate about automated software releases? Do you take pride in boosting engineering productivity and efficiency? We are looking for a Release Operations Engineer to join our Engineering Infrastructure team.
What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
Become a critical part of daily engineering execution. Own the activities required to orchestrate and continually ship Appian software. Provide support for administration and extension of release management infrastructure including Appian, JIRA, and eazyBI. Coordinate with organizations outside of Engineering involved in releases, including Customer Support, Cloud Operations and external translation partner. Orchestrate external web and mobile releases, weekly internal releases, hotfixes, and translations. First learn and execute these operations, then help drive their automation.
- Continually identify and address areas of improvement for release operations activities to reduce manual cost, time, and potential for human error
- Plans and participate in automation of operational activities
- Develops, extends, and maintains Engineering JIRA workflows as well as JIRA reports using native abilities and eazyBI reporting plugin
- Remains aware of JIRA plugin ecosystem to ensure Engineering is taking advantage of those that can provide the best value
- Own and coordinate internal releases between Cloud and Engineering and release of weekly product hotfixes with Solution Engineering and Product Engineering teams
- Coordinate ongoing translation exports and imports with translation partner
- Manage coordination of quarterly GA releases
- During early access/beta period, ensure multi-source problems reports are consolidated and reported to QE
Preferred Experience Level: Experienced position - sufficient JIRA knowledge almost always comes from professional experience.
Education: B.S. degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline. Formal JIRA training a plus.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.