Appian is looking for a Director of Corporate Learning & Development to lead the corporate learning and development at Appian. This person will lead the strategy and execution of Appian University across our global company.
The ideal candidate has experience in the implementation of an internal university framework model, ideally for multiple businesses and on a global scale. This person should possess strong project management skills, be comfortable with shifting from strategic thinking to hands-on execution as required and a passion for learning and development. This person will be responsible for presenting creative ideas to key business stakeholders in an enthusiastic manner to help support the executive sponsorship of Appian University initiatives.
- Lead the ongoing maintenance and growth of the Appian University, including the corporate LMS
- Work with Human Resources and knowledge experts in the business to develop learning pathways that define ongoing development for all Appian employees
- Partner with department level learning and development teams to ensure a unified approach to learning across the entire organization.
- Oversee global development, customization, and deployment of instructor-led and self-directed content
- Continuous improvement and maintenance of curriculum
- Budget and resource management
- Be on the cutting edge of learning and development for large-scale companies and bring that to Appian University
- 5+ years of experience leading a corporate university function
- 7+ years in learning and development function
- Proven track record in the implementation of an academy/multiple academies in medium-to-large sized organizations with regional or global deployment
- Complete learning program management on a large scale
- Proficient across the full scope of learning: analysis, design, development, facilitation, and evaluation
- Strong business partner to the business and HR colleagues
- Proven ability to understand the business strategy and align solutions to meet the business needs
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.