Are you devoted to delivering delightful software experiences? How about interested in enhancing the framework and underlying programming language that powers Appian? Do you seek to make an impact on both people and product? At Appian, Senior Managers of Software Engineering provide not only hands on technical leadership, but also create situations to ignite the professional growth and success of individuals on their teams. As a hands on technical leader you will help us transform Appian’s designer experience as well as provide direct 1-on-1 mentoring, coaching, and career development to a group of brilliant software engineers.
- You have broad technical understanding across multiple technology layers as well as deep technical knowledge of design patterns such as abstract syntax trees, parsers and interpreters
- You are excited by the fast creation and easy maintenance of frameworks consumed by developers and designers (SAIL: Appian’s UI Framework)
- You want to work with other passionate engineers who care about innovation, efficiency, and collaboration
- You care about fostering a culture of learning, growth, and career development for software engineers
- You yourself are a hands on software engineer, comfortable coding as needed
- Leading an elite technically talented team of engineers that builds the patented framework and programming language
- Hands on technical leadership and collaboration to grow and maintain Appian’s world-class platform through Agile methodologies and tools
- Effectively manage, develop, and guide up to 12 direct reports through mentoring and coaching
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to hire great talent and provide input for creating staffing plans with departmental leadership
- Be an agent for change, at both the team and departmental level.
- Performance of HR Management tasks related to each direct report; such as timesheet approval, communication of raises and bonuses, performance reviews, etc.
Preferred Experience Level: 10+ years in software development, with 5+ years as a mentor or manager
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination. #LI-AD1