This leadership role is critical to articulating Appian’s value to key markets and industries through the creation of strategic go-to-market plans that address Appian’s Industry and Solution target personas. The role is responsible for leading a team of seasoned, industry marketers to define and deliver vertical industry and solution product marketing strategies, integrated campaigns, and programs that drive awareness, leads, and pipeline opportunities.
- Provide leadership and direction to define and support new and existing target industries
- Develop personas and messaging, and internal and external content and collateral to support the buyers' journey
- Set strategy for Appian Solutions and industry-focused campaigns, content, and sales enablement to achieve business objectives, and Sales and Marketing KPIs
- Work across Marketing, Sales Industry Practice Leads, and Solutions teams to help set and execute go-to-market for all industry and solution-related initiatives
- Create campaign discipline and process to ensure alignment with key stakeholders and effective execution across teams
- Track the performance of programs, campaigns, and content, and optimize regularly
- In collaboration with industry subject matter and enablement experts, guide creation of materials and training for AEs and BDRs to help them more effectively sell our offerings
- Maintain a deep understanding of the needs and challenges of Appian's customers and prospects, as well as insight into influencers, trends, and the competitive landscape
- Support industry and Appian event activations
- Thoroughly understand and enthusiastically champion Appian’s product and unique value proposition, internally and externally
- Demonstrated experience in marketing to vertical industries and line of business personas.
- Proven team building and management experience, and demonstrated program management and strategic planning experience
- Ability to define and create campaign and content strategies aligned to the needs of target personas across the buyer journey
- Successful experience collaborating across teams, particularly with product marketing, sales, and Appian’s solution development group
- Demonstrated market research and analysis experience
- Excellent written and oral communication, including presentation and facilitation skills
- Willingness to dive in, get hands on, and produce high quality messaging and content (leading by example)
- Strong understanding of process automation and low-code platforms and capabilities
- 10+ years of enterprise SaaS platform experience and solution selling experience
- BA/BS degree required
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.