The Contracts Administrator position is responsible for assisting in administering contracts and other functions within the Legal Department and will assist on legal, administrative, and technical system matters as assigned by the General Counsel or Deputy General Counsel.
A Contracts Administrator is assigned to specific contract-related projects or tasks within the Legal Department to support the functions of the Legal Department or other departments. Contracts Administrators may support attorneys directly in reviewing non-disclosure agreements, statements of work, or other contracts.
This position will complete tasks related to contract review, analysis, data migration, as well as administrative support of the Legal team. The Legal team leverages several internal systems. The Contracts Administrator will be responsible for learning and managing these systems for the Legal team. System training will be provided.
Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and/or qualities:
- Ability to read critically, write persuasively, and speak fluently
- Demonstrated effective writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience with contracts review
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently, taking the initiative to handle complex challenges, prioritizing multiple ongoing projects, and developing quick turn-around strategies
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communications skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Word, Google Docs and other software products as required
- Familiarity and ease learning new internal software programs
- Paralegal certification not required, but a positive
- Prior in-house or corporate legal department experience is a strong positive
- Must be able to work on-site at Appian headquarters
- Software company work experience is preferred
Commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.