Appian is seeking an experienced and analytical Senior Manager, Organic Social Media. This person will be responsible for executing both our short and long-term organic social media strategies, day-to-day management of multiple channels, writing and scheduling promotions of creative and editorial content across multiple platforms, monitoring of conversations, tracking, analysis, and reporting on KPIs.
In this role, he or she will work closely with the SEO, PR, product marketing, and industry marketing teams to build and execute measurable social media campaigns that help Appian expand its organic social presence and followers in order to increase Appian’s social media influence and drive visibility with existing and new customers. The candidate will have real experience in hands-on execution of content and conversational engagement in the social media space for technology brands. He or she will have the ability to communicate effectively, curate content and perspectives to help foster dialogue and understand the inner workings – as well as socially accepted protocols – of social platforms.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead execution of organic social media promotion strategy, including planning and launching new campaigns, audience research and day-to-day account management on major social platforms.
- Advise employees (including executives) on social media best practices, and run trainings on social media management tools and workflows; serve as the first point of contact for all social media troubleshooting and account access.
- Work with SEO strategists to develop content plans and recommendations.
- Coordinate with marketing and sales teams on product/event campaigns and reporting.
- Build detailed reporting and analysis on organic social media performance and company-specific KPIs, and prepare regular presentations for employees and
- Evaluate new social platforms and tools as necessary for inclusion in the company’s strategy.
- Develop user engagement strategies to reach for a wider range of influencers, communities and blogs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on management of business-focused social media accounts on Twitter, LinkedIn and other networks.
- Experience with traffic and social analytics tools including Google Analytics; ability to provide detailed analysis and actionable recommendations based on data.
- Experience with variety of technology in support of social media such as Wordpress, Adobe, Sprout, Hootsuite, and basic graphic design tools.
- Strong writing and editing skills (an editorial background and interest in technology is helpful).
- Strong familiarity with SEO best practices and how social media and SEO work together.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work across multiple teams and skill levels with a positive attitude.
- BA/BS degree required.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.