As part of our Engine Reliability squad you’ll dive into challenges of scaling a complex and powerful cloud platform. You’ll leverage the latest tools to build a new persistence layer to accelerate data persistence and retrieval by making it intuitive and fast. As an increasing number of apps are being built by our users on the platform the data layer team must shape the future of Appian’s analytics and reporting engine. Join us as we scale into the future!
What is Appian? It’s an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
Working in Appian Engineering:
- Indie time -- set aside every month for fun side projects
- Lateral mobility encouraged by supportive senior leadership
- Data is your passion. You’re an efficient and elegant coder, ideally with 5+ years of strong experience building applications using kdb+/q
- Data structures & algorithms delight you; you thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- Fundamentals aren’t always fun -- but you know they are critical for understanding anything you seek to learn
- You have no problem with OOP or functional programming
- Huge plus if you have familiarity with enterprise search products
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.