Senior Security Engineer
Appian is seeking a Senior Security Engineer to join our growing Information Security Team. As a senior security engineer you will help design and build security architecture infrastructure for Appian. You will work with a dynamic information security team involving involving cloud computing technologies and multiple security frameworks and be responsible for engineering security detection infrastructure and systems that continuously evaluate the threat-landscape for Appian’s operations and service offerings.
About the Job:
- Design and build scalable innovative security infrastructure to enable Appian InfoSec to quickly identify, adapt, and defend against modern attacker techniques. You get to participate in the full lifecycle. You build it. You support it.
- Provide analysis and investigation of security related data from a wide range of security products and devices
- Hands-on with complex security detection-engineering projects
- Automate security alert initial triage and analysis
- Conduct security research and present findings to the security team
- Participate on blue-team. And sometimes red-team!
- Collaborate across departments to share ideas and projects
- 5+ years experience with security systems and security data integration
- You are at ease coding in Python, Java, Ruby, Golang, etc.
- Experienced with system design relating to event correlation and analysis from a variety of sources - NIDS, HIDS, WAF, Logs, etc.
- You enjoy exploring industry leading open-source security projects
- Have designed and integrated systems that handle, normalize, and process data at scale
- Knowledgeable of cloud-based infrastructures (SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Experience with Windows and UNIX like systems
- Strong knowledge about networking protocols and technologies - TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
Appian makes building complex software simple. We’ve built our low-code platform from the ground up with the power to address some of the world’s toughest business problems. It’s exciting and challenging work with exciting and fulfilling rewards. It takes the right person…is that you?
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.