We are seeking a Senior Technical Consultant to join our Customer Success team. In this role, you will be engaging with our customers post-sales to develop software solutions on the Appian platform. These applications help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation. Your primary responsibilities will be to help lead projects, implement and build applications on Appian’s low-code automation platform, and work closely with our commercial clients.
What you’ll do:
- Immediately impact clients by partnering throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, develop and implement custom software solutions using Appian’s low-code platform.
- Led discussions with external clients to understand their business processes and technical needs.
- Propose conceptual technical solutions and make changes based on the client’s feedback in an Agile environment.
- Design, build and launch new relational data models in production.
- Develop APIs to integrate with multiple systems.
- Drive adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability, and adaptability.
- Collaborate with client’s technical teams and business users as needed throughout the entire software development life cycle.
You’ll be successful in this role if you are:
- Skilled at working with clients to define business processes and gather functional and technical system requirements
- Not an order taker; asks “why” questions and solve the right problems
- Passionate about technology and enjoys continuously learning
- Successful on cross-functional teams; has built products using agile methodologies
- An excellent communicator and is comfortable presenting to both technical and non-technical audiences
Education and Travel:
- 5+ years of experience with hands-on software development or technical consulting
- B.S./B.A. in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics or related field/degree
- Willingness to travel; 50% to support customer engagement
- Agile software development practices, pair programming, stand-ups, planning sessions, and sprints
- Experience working with relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, IMB D2, or AWS Aurora.
- Knowledge of relational database design or database modeling
- SQL skills - writing queries, joins, views, etc.
- Knowledge of software testing practice; Test-driven development, setup and execution of automated test suites within a continuous integration framework
- Web servers and application servers such as IIS, Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, and JBoss
- Experience developing integrations using APIs such as REST and SOAP, JDBC connections, and web services
- Amazon Web Services (AWS); Artificial Intelligence (AI), Analytics, Machine Learning, Google Cloud, Application Integration, Database, Developer Tools, Management & Governance, and Elastic Containers
Appian is an infrastructure product - not a luxury product. Our customers rely on us for mission-critical business process and case management. There is inherent stability in working for a company providing an enterprise software solution that is solving some of the world’s toughest business problems today. It is Appian's unmatched speed, power, and ease that we are continually improving our internal use and feedback loop with our Product Managers. We are proud to have earned a position on The Washington Post’s “Top Workplaces” list for the last sixth consecutive years.