At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As an Instructional Content Developer, you’ll partner with internal product teams to transform our content in order to train, empower, and make life easier for our users. What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
What you’ll do:
- Author eLearning lessons, storyboards, exercises and supporting material either independently or in collaboration with other content developers and/or subject matter experts
- Improve and edit learning materials for clarity, consistency, and instructional efficacy as well as create measurement tools to assess the effectiveness of training material
- Partner with our Product Management team to help make informed content design decisions and our Media Production team to conceptualize visual aids and graphics for supporting course content
- Support and administer our enterprise LMS; including maintaining content, communicating with end users, answering questions, and facilitating discussions
- Maintain and support eLearning best practices
- Experience or familiarity with enterprise software training development, or related technical field
- Experience organizing complex information and content from a variety of sources into a coherent and logical outline and narrative
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools: Captivate, Articulate, or comparable tools for developing interactive learning experiences
- Proven experience applying Adult Learning Theory to create courseware, including identifying learning objectives and outcomes, course scripts, and course storyboards
- Strong communication skills, especially written; able to translate complex concepts into appropriate language for a wide range of learners with varying backgrounds
- Experience using both ADDIE and SAM content development methods
- Innovative, self-motivated, highly organized, and constantly employing new ideas to make content more engaging for learners
- Exceptionally creative, collaborative, and truly excited about building interactive training content
- Most importantly, a passion for technology, learning, and training!
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.