What’s New in Appian 7? BPM turns worksocial
Appian provides a modern business process management (BPM) application platform to drive better business decisions, actions and results. Users have access to all the data, all the processes, all the documents, and all the collaborations – in one environment, on any device, through a simple worksocial interface.
Recent Appian 7.x releases include additional new social features, designer and administrator enhancements, and platform updates. Here’s a summary of new features in Appian 7 to help with business improvement initiatives and social collaboration in your organization:
New Social Features:
- Follow influencers, decision-makers, and groups within the enterprise to stay informed of key events and announcements
- Send open or private messages to meet a variety of communication needs with an intuitive people and group picker
- Delegate worksocial and mobile tasks to team members for social collaboration with email alerts, audit trails, and analytics on every task for visibility and accountability
- Give “kudos” to an individual for public recognition of achievement and excellence
- See user activity stream in “participating” view to easily filter and access relevant posts and discussions
- Access social profiles and user cards to quickly find subject matter experts, access contact information, and follow the community member
- Easily and quickly add content from one or multiple applications to a master application
- Simplify data management and maintain data integrity with the ability to delete from multiple datastores
- Improve visibility and upgrade experience with enhanced documentation to view all Universally Unique Identifiers (UUIDs) for all process model nodes
- Enable cross-browser support with just one click, including: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and native mobile applications on Apple iOS (iPhones, iPads, iPod Touch), Google Android, and BlackBerry smartphone devices
- Automate and simplify application change management to scan and document updates every minute
- Improve process intelligence and analytics with new process and social metrics
- Support for Islamic al-Qura calendar for Middle East customers and partners
- Support for Java 7, JBoss Enterprise Application Platform (EAP) 6, JBoss Application Server (AS) 7 on Appian 7.1
- Include JBoss AS 7 with Appian 7.1 for development
- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012 and Microsoft SQL Server 2012
Customers and partners may access and download Appian 7.0 and 7.1 from Appian Forum. Forum includes product documentation, resources, templates, an plug-ins to simplify your business process improvement initiatives with access to a community of Appian experts, customers, and partners. Users can also easily access relevant documentation by role, by release.
If you would like to learn more about Appian and how it can help bring worksocial to your enterprise, register and attend Appian World. The premier Appian event will feature industry analysts, customers, and various sessions for beginners, technical users, and business executives.