Top 10 CIO Business & Technology Priorities in 2013 from Gartner
Gartner, Inc. recently published a Top 10 CIO Business & Technology Priorities in 2013 list. It’s interesting to note that BPM can address and achieve all top ten business priorities, when implemented with the right technologies and methodologies. The green check mark next to each Business priority indicates that BPM can help accomplish this goal.
The check mark next to each Technology priority signifies a match with Appian BPM Suite‘s capabilities: either as part of the product or as a solution. Furthermore, the worksocial approach from Appian is essentially taking collaboration technologies with workflow BPM (#4), enabling greater access of data and analytics (#1) to all users via mobile technologies (#2), available in the cloud (#3) or on-premise.
So how does Appian address top 10 CIO business priorities with BPM and worksocial?
- Increasing enterprise growth: General Kinematics standardized processes on Appian to effectively scale the organization’s growth while maintaining quality. They achieved a 95% reduction in quote-to-case flow with Appian BPM Software.
- Delivering operational results: One of the largest retail chains in the world uses Appian to inspect over 17,000 stores on iPads to consistently deliver premium customer experience with quality and with operational efficiency.
- Reducing enterprise costs: US Marine Corps reported 60% reduction in procurement cycle time and 50% reduction in operational costs using Appian’s BPM platform.
- Attracting and retaining new customers: Car Stereo Plus mobilized its entire Sales and Installation workforce with worksocial from Appian to access customer information, manage appointments, input sales quotes, download installation instructions, and upload photos of completed jobs to provide responsive, quality services using modern technologies.
- Improving IT applications and infrastructure: One of the top three global logistics companies increased its efficiency to handle IT requests by 92%, supporting over 400K employees and saving over $28M using Appian.
- Creating new products and services (innovation): psHEALTH selected Appian as a platform-as-a-service to develop and go to market with customized health care applications in less than two months.
- Improving efficiency: A loan services company in the US reduced loan processing times from 10 days to just 24 hours with Appian.
- Attracting and retaining the workforce: The US Department of Veterans Affairs deployed Appian as a platform to recruit veterans and provide employment services, from on-boarding, skills assessment and development, coaching, job opportunity matching, interview and follow-up management, job placement and retention programs.
- Implementing analytics and big data: Nokia Siemens Networks saves $16.5 million per year from an integrated sales forecasting system with Appian.
- Expanding into new markets and geographies: Enterprise Rent-a-Car launched the new Rideshare business in 25 markets and migrated data from 25 different markets into one standardized system. Now customer requests are easily accessible from the social interface and from mobile devices.
There are many more examples of how customers around the world are using Appian and embracing worksocial. Explore how other companies and their CIOs are getting their priorities list checked off with Appian on our customers page. Attend Appian World, the premier conference, to hear directly from business and IT leaders on how they are leveraging analytics, mobile, cloud, social, and BPM technologies to achieve growth.
Director of Product Marketing