Planning and Developing Enterprise Social Software
Truly modern BPM software can break through the typical organizational and information technology silos by bringing all process participants, IT systems, and business content together in one unifying interface to coordinate and orchestrate the flow of work and information. Organizations that take a holistic approach to operational management and process improvement are the ones realizing the benefits of BPM across the enterprise. The CME Group, for example, takes a platform approach to application development. The company currently has five different Appian software applications within the enterprise for various groups and uses:
- IT Service Management provides responsive client IT support and services with a mobile systems maintenance application for its 428,000 square feet data center.
- Product Management uses a New Product introduction application to handle about 400 new products introduced annually across 7 departments, which resulted in 40% decrease in time-to-market from streamlined and automated processes.
- Project Portfolio Group manages project requests, deliverables, and resources with its Front Door application to bring greater transparency, coordination, and efficiency across multiple departments and stakeholders.
- Customer Support improves engagement with a single application to handle internal and external customer service, shipping/receiving, remote handling for rapid issue resolution.
- Human Resources increases efficiency with its New Hire On-Boarding application to bring in about 800 new employees and contractors per year.
Organizations with a strategic, long-term business process planning mindset should consider the pros and cons of buying tons of one-off software applications that fit perhaps 80% of a department’s needs, at best, versus investing in a software platform. Enterprise software can be flexible and modern with social enterprise software user interfaces and support for BYOD mobile policies, while being capable of addressing a wide range of business and IT requirements. Appian’s worksocial BPM software can do just that. Hundreds of Appian customers and millions of users are working more effectively using our enterprise social software. We welcome you to do the same & worksocial.
Director of Product Marketing